Friday, May 28, 2010

First Fun with Face Paint!


After watching Mimi Connolly paint my students faces I got the CReATiVE  iTcH.
I got online and ordered face paints.
Today they arrived...It felt like a party at our house. Everyone was excited to be painted! SoO, Mom  practiced and tried her hand at painting again after a Long dry spell.
I have to admit I may have almost lost my talent from lack of using it.
Mimi made painting faces look so easy and it was So TRiCKY. My hand felt very unsteady.
Even though I am a beginner I am having so much fun learning and SO we will all get painted regularly.
The BeSt pArt of paiNting Faces, is the Kids SmilEs when they sEe whAt they have BeCome. It's MagiCal!!
The boys transformed into their characters immediately and stayed in character till they had their bedtime bath.

If your having a rough day...need a change of character...or you just need a smile
 COME ON OVER and I'll paint one on you!
Photos in order of today's models...
# 1 RUSTIN: I dabbled at sponging on color then experimented with my brushes,
making lines. I didn't feel very confident and so I played it safe and kept it simple.
#2 KASEN: He wanted a mask. I used more colors and over did it. The base ended up muddy and the details were lost with not enough contrast. Of course he loved it though!
I still didn't know which brushes worked best. I realized this was going to be a process to get the hang of.
#3 JAXON: He was so CUTE I felt confident I could make him into a cute little Tiger.
It was....but you'll have to take my word for it because it didn't last long after a cup of juice and granola bar.

#4 KAMBRIA: She knew exactly what she wanted! A unicorn over her eye with pink and blue.
I didn't get a picture of her... It was the most challenging design I tried... it turned out O.K. colorful but a little sloppy in the detail and strokes.

#5 CHELSEY: She was so fun to be a sport and let me paint her.
I tickled her a lot because I practiced my FLICK!
( the thin curly finish to a painted line- made by a flick of the brush at the end).
I had her wash her face once and this is our second try. The pastel color was great.
#6 LACEY: I loved painting her, she held so still and I had a lot of fun creating this butterfly. I still can't quite create what I invision but this was the closest I've come yet.

KEEP WATCHING FOR BETTER DESIGNS TO COME!
It felt so good to paint! I can't wait to pull out my tools again SOon!
The kids are already making requests for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment